Monday, September 10, 2012

jumping, falling, and being caught

week one down. and oh what a ride it has been.

things only got crazier after the initial tornado of leadership. meetings and meetings and people and people. i haven't counted exactly but i know i have met over 100 people. being in a region where i don't know anyone is hard. i'm used to the chesapeake bay region where i know people. i am known. i have to start over here. which is hard but also exciting. i have been welcomed better than i ever could have imagined and it has been such a blessing.

in a time of spoken praise during our regional area director meeting the other day i shared how God has provided for me. and it really is insane. i mean it makes no sense. there are so many things that went into me getting here. so many reasons it shouldn't have worked out. so many things i didn't even consider or think about in terms of planning- but He has gone before me. He has paved the way. i jumped- fell, and He caught me. i have never seen trust played out as clearly as it has in the past week. and i am so blessed. and exactly where i'm supposed to be.


young life is different out here. but good. i'm adjusting. rick, my boss, is the best and understands. he's from the east coast. and open to suggestion. we're having a bar at the banquet- different. my bible study is called the BB's (bible...witches? close enough.) funny. different. due to some complications with leaders i haven't been able to really start doing ministry. so i've just been going to the school and praying. i went to the football game friday...by myself. an adventure for sure. i actually met some kids and got connected with one of our few campaigner girls who is involved. i'm excited. ready to take off. to get to the heart of my job. to get past this fundraising and getting started. speaking of... (sorry for this shameless plug) fundraising is a huge part of my job. i don't get paid if i don't get funded. it's coming along...slowly. if you have not yet received a letter/phone call and are interested in financially supporting me follow this link. much appreciated. seriously.


my roommates are the best. we laugh and quote movies and eat. our house is perfect...and my room is almost done! i need one more frame to hang my wassily kandinsky poster above my bed and i will be done. oh and i need a stand thing for my record player but that can wait. here's my setup...



built that desk all by myself. i mean it came from ikea with instructions but it still took me three hours and some creativity with the few tools i had. anyway i was proud of myself. again a million thanks to the chiappettis for the rest of the free furniture. gotta love family.


yesterday two of my roommates, sarah and madisen, and their boyfriends, kendall and robbie, and my fifth-wheeling-self went skydiving. kind of a welcome to az thing for me and robbie who is visiting from california. so we went. i never really got scared. this is going to sound lame and grossly cliche but i honestly feel fearless after moving here. i have so much trust in the lord that it would be hard to phase me right now. to put me in a situation where i was truly uncomfortable. so i flew 13,000 feet up in an airplane. and then i jumped out (attached to a man named aaron who knew what he was doing of course). and free fell for almost a minute before the parachute deployed. i jumped. fell. and was caught. regardless of how many papers they make you sign acknowledging the fact that you can die doing this, i never really considered the danger. and because of that i had such a fun fall. i wasn't worrying about whether or not i would be caught, i just fell and trusted that the parachute that was supposed to catch me would catch me. and it did.  i loved it. completely exhilarating. crazy view. and, for me, very spiritual. if i hadn't spun so much on the way down and gotten uncomfortably nautious for the next hour i may be addicted to it. so, for now, it will go down as a great experience and be crossed off my bucket list.


story of my life right now: jumping, falling, being caught. it has yet to fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment